Question the pilgrims were discussed at interdepartmental meeting in the foreign Ministry of Ukraine
Because of the epidemic of the coronavirus Ukraine will restrict entry of Hasidic pilgrimswho come annually to the Ukrainian city of Uman to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah. About this Facebook said the mayor of Uman Alexander Zebre.
“The result of an inter-Ministerial meeting at the premises of the MFA of Ukraine was the General opinion that the arrival of tens of thousands of Hasidic pilgrims in Uman for the celebration in the traditional way is impossible,” he wrote.
According to the mayor, this decision came with the following factors:
- the current epidemiological situation in Israel (among the countries of the “red zone”);
- the prohibition of mass events in Ukraine;
- the load on the Ukrainian medical institutions;
- the need to create a significant number of places for the observation and security of life and health of citizens of Ukraine and foreign citizens;
- difficulties with the control of law enforcement authorities over the observance of the pilgrims ‘ mode of self-isolation.
To Uman for policing on Rosh Hashanah arrived a detachment of Israeli police
“As a result of a number of negotiations and meetings between officials of both countries, the Israeli side was understood by the abolition of the international pilgrimage to Uman this year”, – said CABRI.
He also published the text of the letter of the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Ukraine, which was compiled by the inter-Ministerial meeting.
We will remind, last year to celebrate the Jewish New year – Rosh Hashanah arrived more than 30 thousand pilgrims Hasidim.