Tasty and healthy.
Peach flavor can act on the human body as an antidepressant. The fruit may affect the activity of the brain, improving memory and increasing concentration, reports the Chronicle.info with reference for a New time.
The peach belongs to the subgenus Plum Almond genus of the Rose family. Grows in warm temperate climate, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, in the Caucasus, also, the peach is grown in Asia.
There are three varieties of peach:
— peach ordinary;
— peach flat (Fig).
Fragrant peaches consumed fresh, and make jam, jams and compotes.
Calorie peach is only 45 kcal per 100 grams, so it is often found in the menu of various diets such as the diet peach and diet Kempner.
In the pulp of the fruit contains: organic acids, ascorbic acid, vitamins, pectin, carotene, minerals — potassium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, copper, selenium, magnesium, zinc.
Due to the large number of vitamins in the peaches, they recommend eating to prevent colds and beriberi. One peach provides the body ¾ of the daily norm of vitamin C.
Also peaches are good to eat for people with low hemoglobin, anemia, and in stressful situations. Eating peaches contributes to the appetite, improve digestion, peach well satisfies hunger.
Peach is also used in cosmetics — from the seeds of the fruit making some peach butter. The flesh of the fruit is used for making face masks for sunburn. Peach extract is part of cosmetic tonics.
Damage of peaches
In peaches contains a lot of carbohydrates and sugar, so they are not recommended for people with diabetes and obesity. Also peaches can cause allergies due to the pollen on a velvety surface.
With caution should eat peaches, like other fresh fruits, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Excessive consumption of fruits can cause intestinal upset.
Don’t eat the peaches from the dry bone, they could be treated with chemicals to extend the shelf life of fruits.
How to grow peaches from seeds?
In order to grow peaches from seeds at home, you need to conduct a kind of stratification is to hold the bones in the refrigerator for 10 days.
1. Prepared the bones to soak for two hours in a growth stimulator.
2. Moist soil to fill the pot and plant the seeds to a depth of 8 inches.
3. Put the pot in a Sunny place and cover with foil. Every day pot need to ventilate and wipe away condensation. Watered as needed.
4. After about 3 months, when you see sprouts, remove the plastic and move the pot in a place without drafts and direct sunlight.
Recipe with peaches for Breakfast
Granola with peach and blueberry
Delicious and nutritious Breakfast (or snack) with natural yoghurt, peach and blueberry. Will appeal to both children and adults.
For cooking we will need:
cereal — 1 Cup
crushed almonds — 2 tsp
natural yogurt — 1 Cup
peach — 1 PC.
blueberries — 1 Cup
honey — 1 tbsp
olive oil — 1 tbsp
1. Oatmeal mix with almonds, add honey and olive oil. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 min. at a temperature of 180° C. Our main-granola ready.
2. Peach cut into small pieces and mix with yogurt.
3. Put in a ramekin 2 tablespoons of peach yogurt on top and add 2 tbsp granola and 2 tbsp blueberries. Repeat layers in the same sequence.
4. Decorate the top with each serving with berries of blueberry and a slice of peach. If desired, top with honey.
5. Put in refrigerator for 10 min. and serve.
The combination of peach and blueberries also can be used as filling for pies, muffins, smoothies, Krumlov and fruit salads.