The head of the Ministry held a briefing.
Citizens of Ukraine as of Tuesday, July 7, can travel to 23 countries. This list includes States where a visa is required. This was at the briefing said the foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to the Correspondent.
“Countries that are open to Ukrainians, there are only 23. These 23 countries include those States which require a visa. That is, you can enter, but with the visa. And subject to certain quarantine restrictions. That is, you can enter, but you need to follow some rules,” — said Kuleba.
In the list of countries include: Turkey, Serbia, Albania, Northern Macedonia, Montenegro, Belarus, UK, USA, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia, the Republic of Korea, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Zambia, Burundi, Tanzania, Seychelles.
Also Kuleba said that there are eight categories of people who can enter the territory of the European Union, despite the General ban on the entry of the pandemic coronavirus.
“Now Ukraine does not meet the criteria determined by the EU to ensure that the state fell into the “green” list. But even from this prohibition, there are eight exceptions, the eight categories of people who can enter the territory of the European Union, despite the ban,” — said Kuleba.
Categories of citizens are:
- employees of medical institutions, medical researchers and staff;
- specialists in the care of elderly persons and persons requiring urgent medical assistance;
- the border guards;
- carriers of goods and other representatives of transport services, first of all we are talking about truck drivers;
- diplomats, police officers in the line of duty, civil protection services and international contingents;
- person in transit;
- persons who travel for the purpose of tourism, or other business issues, or having any other economic interest;
- persons who go to study or have other urgent circumstances. These circumstances can be interpreted differently in different countries.
Earlier, the foreign Ministry asked the Ministry of Infrastructure and the State aviation administration with a request to stop the sale of tickets abroad the Ukrainians, which may not be let into the country of destination because of quarantine restrictions.