A common problem for many.
Heartburn appears suddenly and strikes his signature fiery kick. Not a pleasant feeling: a burning sensation behind the breastbone and along the esophagus, feeling of discomfort, sometimes belching, abdominal pain, and completely spoiled the pleasure of eating. But worst of all, sometimes heartburn is the first sign of serious diseases and therefore cannot be ignored. And give her grace to endure until it will temper your hot dust is also impossible, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to u-news.com.ua.
Though to win the fight with her is not easy, having studied the habits of the enemy, it is possible to develop effective tactics of getting rid of him.
Why there is a burning sensation in the esophagus: get rid of heartburn
Heartburn occurs due to reverse the outflow of gastric acid in the alkaline environment of the esophagus, which causes irritation. Blame poorly functioning sphincters of the stomach — circular muscle that regulates the transition of content from one part of the body to another. Heartburn often suffer those who have increased the acidity of the stomach. However, people with low acidity is also faced with an agonizing burning sensation. Usually it makes itself known soon after eating, although there are cases when symptoms appear, regardless of the meal.
Heartburn is a phenomenon very sneaky: like, okay, well, devour, and stop, and with the pill very quickly cease.
But did You know that appears just 1 time in a week the heartburn increases the risk of stomach cancer up to 6 times!
Because water Cup with soda she’s not going anywhere and will only lay low for a while. To get rid of this trouble, you need to be examined by a gastroenterologist, who will prescribe treatment after determine the cause of the burning.
Who often suffers from heartburn
Say, at least once in life a burning sensation behind the breastbone felt every second person on earth. But there are factors that increase the risk of heartburn:
- unhealthy diet, consumption of spicy food, carbonated drinks, sweets, citrus fruits, tomatoes;
- obesity, tendency to gain weight. Overweight causes increase in intra-abdominal pressure, and foods with acid coming back up into the esophagus;
- Smoking, alcohol. Nicotine reduces muscle tone of the sphincter, “the closing passage” from the stomach into the esophagus. Alcohol also relaxes the muscles. The gas bubbles which abound in beer and champagne, guaranteed to provide fans of these drinks unpleasant sensations in the esophagus;
- stress processing. Stress destroys body, becoming a cause of occurrence of cardiovascular diseases, sexual disorders, low immunity and problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Most often stress is related to troubles at work. One who works in an unhealthy psychological atmosphere or overtime, faced with problems of the gastrointestinal tract. Heartburn occurs as a reaction to work-related stress occurs so often that even the term “office heartburn”;
- diseases, medications. “Fire in the esophagus” is often the companion of such diseases as gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, hernia food holes, reflux esophagitis, symptom of the operated stomach. With an unpleasant burning sensation you may encounter after taking antibiotics, birth control drugs or drugs containing acetylsalicylic acid;
- pregnancy. At the beginning of pregnancy because of high hormone levels slow digestion. In the last months enlarged uterus presses on the stomach, and the food with acids it is much easier to climb up through the weakened sphincter.How to get rid of heartburn home posobniki burning there from time to time, to get rid of it, you can use an available, simple home remedies:
- Carrot juice, light, cucumber, radishes can cause an alkaline reaction, neutralizing acidity to break through the sphincter of content.
- Ginger, chamomile. Infusion of ginger not only helps with nausea, but also relieves heartburn. 1 tea spoon of grated or finely chopped ginger pour 1 Cup of boiling water for 10 minutes. Decoction of chamomile will soothe irritated mucous membranes of the esophagus.
- Soda will save, if not at hand will be tablets: 1 h spoon of baking soda mix in a glass of warm water and drink. This is the most popular folk remedy for heartburn. But remember that the result of this reaction carbon dioxide is released, which is bursting stomach. Therefore, to resort to the help of soda is necessary only in extreme cases, and suffering from peptic ulcer and never did.
- Honey, aloe is particularly effective if the burning sensation caused by gastritis or peptic ulcer disease. Grind 3 leaves of aloe thawed (they should lie in the freezer 3 days), mix with 3 tablespoons of natural honey.
- Almonds helps to get rid of heartburn because it neutralizes stomach acid. Remove the nuts from the skins and eat them slowly, carefully chewing.
- The flax seed. In ½ Cup of boiling water drop 1 teaspoon of flax seed, remove from heat, cool, strain. The resulting Lily-livered substance will protect by covering with a thin film, and mucous membranes from exposure to acid.
- Tea with caraway seeds: 2 teaspoons cumin seeds brewed Cup of boiling water. Leave for 10 min.
- Marshmallow forms a “protective coating” on mucous membranes. 1 tablespoon of chopped marshmallow root pour 1 Cup of warm boiled water and infuse for 30-45 min., Drain, drink 2-3 spoon for 30-40 minutes before meals.
- Milk (1.5% fat). But remember: milk with a high percentage of fat will bring relief, and damages.
- Crushed in a coffee grinder chalk to take for months at ½ tsp before meals.
- St. John’s wort, yarrow, peppermint: 1 tsp. herbs pour 1 liter of boiling water, to insist in a thermos 1 hour. To take for one month before eating ½ Cup.
- Centaury: 3 tbsp. tablespoons herb pour 1 liter of water, boil for 20 min Then leave for 3 hours in the heat. Strain, add 3 tablespoons of natural honey. To take every 3 hours in ½ Cup in the next two weeks.
- Potato juice: 1-2 tbsp. spoon 2 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- A mixture of herbs oregano, St. John’s wort, nettle, plantain leaves (1 teaspoon), pour 1 liter of boiling water, to insist in a thermos 2 hours. Strain, add 3 tablespoons of honey, 5 tablespoons of butter. Make a week 1 tbsp. spoon before eating. This broth is good if worried belching.
Get rid of heartburn and to ease the condition will also help some everyday tricks:
- Attention — the position of the body. Discomfort may be aggravated by the horizontal position of the body and when bent. So within 1-3 hours after a meal is better not to lie and not lean. So You complicate acid “jump” through the sphincters.
- Small portions. In the diet should adhere to the principle that wags identified as “less is more”: the portions are smaller, and the number of see more. Eat 5-6 times, but little by little. And one more sharpness from Ilf and Petrov: “Carefully chewing food, you help thereby to society.” The longer and better You chew, the more crushed, the substance will get into the stomach. Because the sphincter muscles form a rather narrow gap in the cavity of the body through them can a lot of very liquid consistency. Solid, undigested food to the intestine does not reach. So you should help your stomach, perejivau food as thoroughly as possible.
- Sleep on high pillows should bring relief: this situation will complicate the reflux of acid into the esophagus.
- Freedom in the waist area: avoid tight clothes, corsets, belts, from anything that might put pressure on the stomach.
- There are at least 2 (ideally 4) hours before bedtime.
- Do not abuse (it is better to avoid) spicy, fried, sour foods. Should also be careful with strong tea, raw onion and garlic, chocolate, alcohol, coffee.If home remedies do not help and the burning sensation comes back again and again, you should consult a specialist, because, as we have already decided with heartburn trifled with.The 10 commandments for the prevention itagaki You at least a few times had to get rid of the unpleasant sensation, You should be guided by the following rules:
- abstain from carbonated beverages that contain unhealthy and dangerous sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate;
- be careful with the alcohol. This “explosive mixture” for sensitive mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract are mixtures of alcohol with juices. Dry red wine with high acidity also stimulates increased acid secretion. Contained in the beer gas bubbles raise intra-abdominal pressure, causing that acidic substance is moving very quickly in the upper gastrointestinal tract;
- eat regularly. Uncontrolled raids on the fridge, overeating complicate the gastro-intestinal tract;
- limit your intake of sweets. First of all, because of sugar, which can cause increase acidity. In addition, due to the unhealthy fats, for digestion which produces too much gastric juice;
- to avoid Asian cuisine, or any spicy food. And it is not necessary to generously flavor the homemade food spices. Condiments are certainly useful, but unfortunately not for people with sensitive digestive tract;
- forget about fried. Of course, there’s nothing better than crispy fried crust of potatoes or chicken. But the ability to quickly cause a fire in the esophagus with them as it is unlikely that it will argue. Try to eat cooked food or, in extreme cases, baked in the oven;
- don’t drink after eating peppermint tea. Mint teas is good for indigestion or overeating. But not for those who are trying to get rid of heartburn. Menthol stimulates the stomach and liver, leading to increased release of gastric juice. Also, drink immediately after eating is actually harmful — all and any drinks. If we ate too much (but it is better still not to do), then go for a leisurely walk along the Park;
- smaller citrus fruits, including juices from them. Alas, will have to abandon the storehouse of vitamin C, as it, that is, ascorbic acid irritate the esophagus;
- eat quietly, slowly. So You be satisfied a smaller amount of food, and You won’t have to face overeating.
- A diet that is rich in fiber and complex carbohydrates. Refrain from tea, coffee, tomatoes.Get rid of heartburn is not easy, because not simply abandon the developed over the years habits and culinary preferences. But if on one scale put the health, and the other beer with chips, the choice is, I think, is obvious.